Easy one bowl healthy vegan pumpkin muffins that are packed with pumpkin spice flavor, super moist, and topped with a perfect cinnamon streusel crumble for the best healthy fall dessert! Filled with real pumpkin and completely vegan and gluten free, these pumpkin spice muffins are the best sweet treat!
- 2 cup (250 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (260 g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup (150 g) organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (125 g) dairy free yogurt or applesauce
- 1/2 cup (113 g) salted vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Measure out all ingredients before beginning.
- Prepare the cinnamon streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and spices. Add in the melted vegan butter and stir together until you reach a thick dough. Set aside.
- Make the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set aside. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to cream together the vegan butter and sugars until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the pumpkin puree, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix again until combined. Then add in the flour mixture, along with the apple cider vinegar, and mix just until combined.
- Bake the pumpkin muffins. Scoop batter into each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full. Top with the cinnamon streusel over each muffin. Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to a month.
Gluten free: Use gluten free 1:1 baking flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill in the blue bag.
Cinnamon streusel: If you’d prefer chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, swap in 1 cup of chocolate chips and omit the streusel. Or you can just have regular pumpkin muffins and omit the streusel all together!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin, no streusel on top
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 13.4 g
- Sodium: 116.7 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 21.9 mg
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins, vegan pumpkin muffins, dairy free pumpkin muffins, pumpkin muffins, low fat pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice muffins