Easy one bowl healthy pumpkin muffins that are bursting with chocolate chips for the best healthy fall dessert! Filled with real pumpkin and completely gluten free, these pumpkin spice muffins are the best sweet treat!
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large eggs or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup olive oil or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line 2 cupcake tins with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and coconut sugar.
- Add in eggs (or flaxseed eggs), olive oil/applesauce, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix together until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and mix together until well combined.
- Scoop batter into each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 22-24 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to a month.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pumpkin muffin made with olive oil
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 95
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, gluten free, refined sugar free