The best one bowl vegan chocolate chip pancakes that are undetectably healthy! Completely dairy free, gluten free, and oil free, these healthy pancakes are perfect for kids and adults alike!
- 2 cups rolled oats, ground into oat flour*
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder *
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp pea protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, such as Lily’s Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Make sure that you prepare the dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar mixture and the ground flaxseed water mixture and allow for both to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, arrowroot starch, baking soda, sea salt, and optional pea protein powder.
- Add in the dairy free milk mixture, ground flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Fold the wet into dry until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and set aside.
- Prepare a pancake skillet brushed with coconut oil.
- Make each pancake using about 1/3 cup batter. Allow the chocolate chip pancakes to cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side. You’ll see that the edges are set while the middle still looks wet. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. If you lightly pat the pancake down with a spatula and it bounces back, then it’s ready to plate.
- Plate the pancakes and serve with extra chocolate chips, homemade peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, coconut cream, and/or fresh fruit!
*If using store bought oat flour, all-purpose flour, or gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour, use 1 3/4 cups flour.
*You can use cornstarch in place of arrowroot powder
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, healthy chocolate chip pancakes, healthy vegan pancakes, oatmeal pancakes