Incredibly easy and deliciously moist healthy zucchini bread that’s entirely vegan and gluten free! Made with one bowl, you’ll never believe that this wholesome zucchini bread is healthy!
- 1 3/4 cup 1:1 gluten free baking flour (can sub in regular flour if not gluten free)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, patted down to soak up the water*
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, coconut oil, or olive oil, melted if butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper and/or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add in shredded zucchini, dairy-free milk, applesauce, vegan butter/oil, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
*Make sure that the zucchini is very patted dry- if it’s not patted dry, your bread will come out gooey in the oven. I suggest letting the zucchini soak in paper towel or a cloth for 20-30 minutes with something weighting it down.
Keywords: healthy zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread, gluten free zucchini bread, chocolate chip zucchini bread, zucchini bread, healthy zucchini dessert recipes