The BEST homemade vegan Snickers bars that are easy, sugar free, healthy, and made with only 6 ingredients! These healthy snickers are the best homemade Halloween candy!
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (58 g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted unsweetened peanut butter
Date Caramel Sauce Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 dates, or 250 g) pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup (125 g) peanuts
- 13.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, pour in coconut flour, peanut butter, and about 3/4 of the coconut cream can.
- Fold together coconut cream, coconut flour, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, until solid.
- While the nougat is chilling, prepare the caramel sauce: in a food processor, blend together the dates until creamy and smooth.
- Once the nougat layer is frozen, remove from the freezer and sprinkle the peanuts on top. Then spread the date caramel sauce over the peanuts (it might be sticky- not a problem! Just continue smearing!).
- Place the pan back into the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- After an hour, heat the chocolate until melted, either in a double boiler or carefully microwaving in increments.If microwaving, be careful to not fully melt the chocolate in the microwave, or else it will burn. After it’s halfway melted, remove from the microwave and stir until fully melted. Set aside. You don’t want it too hot, but warm so that the nougat can go in without melting.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and slice the caramel nougat layer into 12 equal sized bars.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use 2 forks to carefully take one bar and dip it into the chocolate, flipping it over until fully melted. Remove carefully and place onto the parchment paper.
- Repeat for the remaining bars. Drizzle any leftover chocolate onto the tops of the bars. Place the sheet in the fridge to set the bars for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
For the Paleo version: swap in almonds and almond butter for the peanut butter and peanuts, equal ratios.
- Serving Size: 1 snicker bar
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 57.4 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan snickers, homemade snickers, healthy snickers, healthy vegan candy, vegan candy recipe, vegan candy bar, homemade candy bar