Learn how to make the creamiest roasted cashew butter that tastes like a dream and is cheaper than store bought! A healthier alternative that tastes delicious!
- 16 ounces (450 grams) raw cashews
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- Other add-ins: 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or chai spice blend, 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Once preheated, place the cashews onto the baking sheet and into the oven to roast for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the cashews, coconut oil, and sea salt (and any other add-ins) into a food processor, and blend until it starts to smooth but is still thick. This should take about 4-5 minutes. See the blog post for the visual photos and watch the video below for how cashew butter transitions from whole nuts to ground and smooth nut butter.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to a month.
Raw cashew butter: if you’d like to make raw cashew butter, you can skip the toasting step.
For the cashews: I recommend using raw unsalted cashews. If you only have salted available, definitely skip the addition of the sea salt.
Keywords: how to make cashew butter, homemade cashew butter, cashew butter recipe, cashew butter