These super fun and festive vegan mini pumpkin bundt cakes are topped with a ghoulish green vegan buttercream and decorated for the best vegan Halloween dessert! Gluten free option as well!
- 150 mL unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (to be mixed with dairy free milk milk)
- 110 grams sweet potato flour
- 100 grams cassava flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 78 grams salted vegan butter (I recommend Flora Plant butter), room temperature
- 87 grams pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional (but recommended): 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cups vegan butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–4 tbsp unsweetened dairy free milk
Cream cheese frosting:
½ cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup vegan butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
½ tbsp pumpkin spice
1 batch vegan buttercream
Vegan orange food coloring
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Measure out all ingredients before beginning. The above recipe will make 1 ½ 4” cakes or 2 cakes using 4 mini bundt cakes. You can double the recipe for more servings. If you’re using the 4” cake pans, be sure to grease and line them with parchment paper (you’ll need 3 for the above recipe). If using a mini bundt cake pan, you’ll need to grease 4. Make the vegan buttermilk by combining the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside.
- Make the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet potato flour, cassava flour, pumpkin spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside. Then in a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the pumpkin puree, and cream together again. Slowly sift in the dry mixture and the vegan buttermilk in two intervals, using a rubber spatula to fold together between each interval.
- Bake the pumpkin cakes: Divide the batter evenly into the cake pans and bake for 27-30 minutes (for the 4” cake pans) or 18-22 minutes (for the mini bundt cake pans), or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frost the cakes: Once the cakes have completely cooled, make the vegan cream cheese frosting first. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan cream cheese and vegan butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the powdered sugar and pumpkin spice, and mix on medium speed until fluffy. Spoon the frosting into a piping bag, and pipe the frosting onto the bottoms of two of the pumpkin cakes, using the remaining pumpkin cakes as toppers. Place the other bundt cake on top of the frosting, and chill the cakes for 20 minutes.
- While the cakes are chilling: Make your pumpkin shaper. Use a leftover and clean dairy free yogurt container, and cut about a 3” wide strip off of the side. Then on the bottom of the strip, cut a curved “v” into the yogurt container strip. This will help shape your buttercream.
- Right before you’re ready to fully frost the cakes, make the buttercream: Follow the directions for making the vegan buttercream, adding in vegan orange food color until you reach the desired color for your pumpkins.
- Frost the assembled pumpkin cakes: Pipe the orange frosting around one pumpkin cake evenly. Then use your yogurt container pumpkin shaper, and place it at the base of the pumpkin. Pull up to the top of the container, and scrape off the buttercream. Repeat for the remainder of the pumpkin, forming the pumpkin shape. I like to then chill my pumpkins for 20 minutes before smoothing out the pumpkin. You can use the scraper again.
- Top with a pumpkin stem and serve! I carefully cut the stems off of mini pumpkins (be very careful!) and placed them on top!
** Gluten free version: please see Natalie from Feasting on Fruit’s pumpkin bundt cake recipe!
Keywords: mini pumpkin bundt cakes, mini bundt cake recipe, mini pumpkin cakes, vegan pumpkin cake