These super fun and festive vegan mini pumpkin bundt cakes are topped with a ghoulish green vegan buttercream and decorated for the best vegan Halloween dessert! Gluten free option as well!
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour or all purpose flour with 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch**
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (to be mixed with coconut/almond milk)*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1 batch vegan buttercream
- Vegan green food coloring (vegan blue and yellow food coloring, or turmeric and blue pea powder)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the mini bundt cake pan with olive or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow the mixture to curdle for 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Next, add in the dairy free milk mixture, pumpkin puree, and applesauce. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until there are no more dry streaks.
- Divide the batter evenly into your mini bundt cake pan. You want an even amount of bundt cakes so that they can form the full pumpkin.
- Place the mini bundt cake pan into the oven and bake for 28-35 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. The time to bake will vary if you’re using a silicone or a metal baking pan. Silicone will need more time to bake than metal.
- Remove the bundt cakes and allow them to cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Once the bundt cakes are fully cool, prepare the vegan buttercream according to the instructions. Add in the green food coloring and beat the mixture again until the color is evenly distributed throughout the buttercream.
- Level off each bundt cake and spoon about 1/4 cup of frosting onto the bottom of one bundt cake. Spread the frosting evenly over the bundt cake, covering the hole. Then place another bundt cake on top and set aside. Repeat for the remaining bundt cakes, making sure to leave about 1 cup green frosting leftover. This will be the topping.
- Place the bundt cakes into the fridge to set and prepare the ganache. Melt the vegan butter in a microwave safe bowl until hot and completely melted. Then stir in the vegan chocolate chips. If the ganache is really hot, allow the ganache to cool for a few minutes. It should be room temperature to slightly warm, as you don’t want to melt the buttercream.
- Place the bundt cakes and spoon about 1 tbsp of ganache into the middle hole of each bundt cake. Set aside.
- The green vegan buttercream should be slightly more melted by now. Smear the frosting on top of each pumpkin bundt cake, allowing the frosting to gently drip over the sides. Use half of a cinnamon stick as the stem of the pumpkin, and top with candy eyes. Enjoy!
** Gluten free version: please see Natalie from Feasting on Fruit’s pumpkin bundt cake recipe!
Keywords: mini pumpkin bundt cakes, mini bundt cake recipe, mini pumpkin cakes, vegan pumpkin cake