This incredibly rich and decadent no bake vegan peanut butter pie tastes like a giant Reese’s peanut butter cup! With a creamy peanut butter mousse filling and decadent oaty chocolate cookie crust, this chocolate peanut butter pie is secretly dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free!
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) rolled oats, gluten free as needed
- 1/2 cup (80 grams) Oreo cookie crumbs (blitzed chocolate creme filled cookies)*
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) cacao or cocoa powder
- 5 medium medjool dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (then drain, dry and cool)
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) vegan butter or coconut oil, cold + cubed
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups (210 grams) raw cashews, soaked for 10 minutes in boiling water
- 1 1/4 cup (305 grams) coconut cream
- 1 cup (265 grams) creamy salted peanut butter
- 1 cup (160 grams) coconut sugar
- 1/2 serving vegan chocolate ganache
- crushed peanuts for topping
- Prepare the gluten free oat crust first. Lightly oil a 9″ tart pan or 8″ pie dish with coconut oil or olive oil. Set aside. In a large food processor, pulse together the oats, cookie crumbs, and cacao powder. Add in the soaked dates and vegan butter, and pulse again until a sticky dough forms. Press the dough into the tart pan or pie dish, pressing it gently up the sides of the dish. Place the tart pan in the freezer to chill while you make the peanut butter filling.
- Make the peanut butter filling. In a large food processor, pulse the cashews and coconut cream until smooth. There should be no bits of cashew left, just a smooth and thick cream. Add in the peanut butter and coconut sugar, and pulse again until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter filling into the pie crust. You might have some extra. You can save the peanut butter filling and serve as a peanut butter mousse. Smooth the filling, and carefully place the peanut butter pie back into the freezer to chill for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, prepare the vegan chocolate ganache. Remove the peanut butter pie from the freezer and carefully pour the ganache over the top of the peanut butter pie. Carefully place the peanut butter pie into the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove the peanut butter pie from the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with crushed peanuts, slice and serve! Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you don’t want to use GF vegan cookie crumbs: you can swap in an additional 1/4 cup oats and 1/4 cup cacao powder.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake peanut butter pie, easy peanut butter pie, oreo peanut butter pie, reese peanut butter pie