These paleo coconut cream eggs are the perfect Easter treat! Vegan and a keto option, these coconut cream eggs are easy to make and are deliciously sweet!
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips, paleo and vegan friendly
- Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup for sweeter
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour melted coconut butter, coconut flour, and desiccated coconut into a bowl. Add in optional maple syrup if desired.
- Mix coconut batter together until well combined.
- Take about a tablespoon of coconut mixture and roll into a ball. Lightly flatten it with your palm and lightly pin one rounded edge of the coconut ball to form an egg. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining coconut mixture.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Nearing the end of the freezing time, melt chocolate in a small microwave bowl in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir after each time until bowl is hot enough to melt chocolate on its own.
- Remove cookie sheet from the freezer and place parchment paper with eggs onto the counter top. Place a new piece of parchment paper onto the cookie sheet and place a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Using a fork, dip one coconut egg into the melted chocolate and flip over to evenly coat. Place the chocolate coconut cream egg onto the cooling rack and repeat for the remaining eggs.
- Place cooling rack on top of cookie sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Keywords: coconut cream eggs, easter eggs, chocolate eggs, gluten free, vegan, paleo, keto, sugar free