These 4 ingredient paleo coconut cream eggs are the perfect Easter treat! Completely vegan with a Keto option, these coconut cream Easter eggs are easy to make and are deliciously sweet!
Get ready for the best Easter treat!
I’m currently in love with these vegan Paleo coconut cream eggs, and this love affair isn’t stopping soon.
Easy to make, little mess, allergy friendly, and absolutely delicious, these chocolate Easter eggs are about to become your newest obsession too!
Why I love these Paleo Coconut Cream Eggs
Okay so first off, let me start by saying that these Paleo coconut cream eggs are incredibly easy.
I’m serious: if you have kids, your kids can have so much fun making these with you! They’re made with only four completely Paleo and completely vegan ingredients, so super simple and easy!
I also really love this recipe because these eggs can easily be tweaked for Keto coconut cream eggs!
If you use a completely 100% dark chocolate (which I describe in the ingredients list section) or a chocolate sweetened with stevia, these coconut cream eggs easily turn into Keto coconut cream eggs with being low in carbohydrates and low in sugar.
Besides the fact that these coconut cream eggs are just absolutely insanely delicious, I love that they’re really allergy friendly. Completely nut free, dairy free, and gluten free, these easy homemade Easter eggs tick all the boxes for an all around fantastic Easter treat!
Paleo Coconut Cream Eggs Ingredients
What I love is that these paleo coconut cream eggs literally come together with only 4 ingredients. I mean, how phenomenal is that?! Let’s get down to it:
- Coconut Butter: This is what makes these vegan coconut cream eggs dairy free! It’s deliciously sweet without any added sugar. Feel free to use your favorite brand or even make your own! For these paleo coconut cream eggs, you want the coconut butter to be melted so make sure that you either melt some in a microwave safe dish, or leave it out at room temp under the sun.
- Coconut Flour
- Desiccated Coconut Flakes: I’ve tried these with big coconut flakes and with desiccated coconut flakes. I highly recommend the latter! It’s a lot easier to form the coconut eggs.
- Chocolate: So we have a few options here. If you’re creating Keto Easter eggs, I highly recommend using 100% Pascha Organics. It’s completely sugar free and no added sugar. If you need some extra sweetness, but still are trying to keep sugar low, my favorite is Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Chips (literally have these every day, no joke). And if you just want a good chocolate chip (that is also vegan and minimal ingredients but tastes like your standard chocolate- because it is your standard chocolate haha!), I highly recommend Enjoy Life! Whichever you choose, your paleo coconut cream eggs are sure to be absolutely delicious 🙂
How to make coconut cream eggs
These vegan coconut cream eggs are actually insanely easy to form, and you don’t need any tools to do so!
All you do is:
- Take about a tablespoon of the coconut cream mixture, roll it into a ball. Then, using your fingers, gently pinch one part of the coconut cream ball and flatten it a little with your palm.
- Place it onto the parchment paper and into the freezer! There, you’re done! Until the chocolate stage, which is also easy!
My tip for dipping your paleo coconut cream eggs into the melted chocolate is by using a cookie cooling rack placed on top of a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Using a fork, you’ll gently dip the frozen coconut cream egg into the melted chocolate, flip to coat each side, and then place gently back onto the drying rack!
I recommend 15-20 minutes in the freezer and keeping them in the fridge for further snackage! These Paleo coconut cream eggs are seriously the perfect homemade Easter candy that all ages will enjoy 🙂 I sincerely hope you love them!
I hope you love these coconut cream eggs as much as I do! Let me know how they go below in the comments section, and as always, I love to see your beautiful creations on Instagram and Pinterest so be sure to tag me there!
Happy chocolate dipping!
More healthy vegan desserts:
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest!
If you make something from The Banana Diaries, I would love to see your creations! Make sure to leave a review in comments section, as well as giving it a rating so that others may find the recipe. Also, follow along with me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook for more vegan recipe inspiration!Print
These paleo coconut cream eggs are the perfect Easter treat! Vegan and a keto option, these coconut cream eggs are easy to make and are deliciously sweet!
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips, paleo and vegan friendly
- Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup for sweeter
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour melted coconut butter, coconut flour, and desiccated coconut into a bowl. Add in optional maple syrup if desired.
- Mix coconut batter together until well combined.
- Take about a tablespoon of coconut mixture and roll into a ball. Lightly flatten it with your palm and lightly pin one rounded edge of the coconut ball to form an egg. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining coconut mixture.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Nearing the end of the freezing time, melt chocolate in a small microwave bowl in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir after each time until bowl is hot enough to melt chocolate on its own.
- Remove cookie sheet from the freezer and place parchment paper with eggs onto the counter top. Place a new piece of parchment paper onto the cookie sheet and place a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Using a fork, dip one coconut egg into the melted chocolate and flip over to evenly coat. Place the chocolate coconut cream egg onto the cooling rack and repeat for the remaining eggs.
- Place cooling rack on top of cookie sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
Keywords: coconut cream eggs, easter eggs, chocolate eggs, gluten free, vegan, paleo, keto, sugar free