Perfectly gooey and rich Paleo molten lava cakes filled with a vegan salted caramel sauce that quick and easy to make! You won’t believe these chocolate lava cakes are grain free, nut free, and vegan!
Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, separated
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 tbsp cassava flour, for dusting
- 1 batch vegan Paleo caramel sauce recipe
Molten Lava Cakes:
- Prepare caramel sauce first to allow for time to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare your ramekins or molds with 1 tbsp melted vegan butter and 1 tbsp flour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter until melted and hot. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the applesauce and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and fold the chocolate into the applesauce coconut sugar mixture.
- Add in the cassava flour and mix until there are no more clumps.
- Fill the ramekins or molds 3/4 of the way full with batter. Add 1 heaping tbsp of caramel sauce into the middle of each bowl.
- Add the remaining batter on top, and place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and into the oven to bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the middle just begins to set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool and set for 10 minutes.
- Use a knife to run along the edges of the cake (use oven mitts if the ramekins are hot) and flip over gently onto serving plates.
Keywords: Paleo molten lava cake, molten lava cake, vegan lava cake, salted caramel