Deliciously creamy vegan mashed cauliflower with a Paleo vegan gravy sauce that’s perfect for a healthy side to your Thanksgiving and holiday celebrations!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Paleo Vegan Gravy:
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms, sautéed in olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cassava flour (or coconut flour for keto)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Toss the cauliflower in olive oil and sea salt, and spread onto the pan to roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before placing into the food processor unit of the Oster Kitchen Texture Select Pro Blender.
- Place the cauliflower into the food processor and add in the coconut milk.
- Set the settings to food chop and puree until slightly smooth, but still with some chunks of cauliflower.
- Scoop the cauliflower into a bowl and set aside.
Paleo Vegan Gravy:
- Make sure that you sauté the mushrooms before beginning.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegan butter until melted on medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme, and sauté until fragrant and the garlic is slightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and pour in the vegetable broth, coconut aminos, and coconut milk until well combined.
- Add in the cassava flour and stir until dissolved. Then add in the mushrooms and let the sauce cook for 5-7 minutes on low so that the flavors marinate.
- Use the blender unit of the Oster Kitchen Texture Select Pro Blender, and pour the gravy into the blender, then place the lid on.
- Set the settings to medium and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the gravy into a gravy boat and serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed cauliflower, vegan gravy, Paleo, gluten free, soy free, nut free, keto