You’ll love these quick and easy vegan blueberry pancakes with no added oil! Perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast, they are SO fluffy and delicious, 7 simple ingredients, take just 5 minutes to make, and can be easily be made gluten free too!
- 1 cup ( 240 mL) vegan buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (45 g) dairy free yogurt or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill in the blue bag- see notes for weighted measurements)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 generous cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whisk the wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the vegan buttermilk, dairy free yogurt or applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Finish the batter: Add in the flour, along with the granulated sugar and baking powder, and gently whisk the dry into the wet, stopping BEFORE the flour is fully incorporated. Add in the blueberries, and gently whisk until the blueberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Make sure there are STILL clumps in the pancake batter. That means you haven’t over-mixed the batter. Set aside as you heat the griddle.
- Prep: Oil your pancake griddle or large non-stick pan to prevent sticking (you can use oil here to help prevent sticking- recommended, depending upon the non-stick brand). Then heat the griddle to medium heat.
- Cook: Spoon about 1/3 cup of pancake batter with blueberries per pancake onto the griddle (should make about 6 medium pancakes- double the recipe for more!). Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the pancakes. Then flip the pancake to the other side to cook for an additional minute.
- Serve and enjoy! Plate the pancakes, serve with maple syrup, vegan butter, or your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- Storage: Store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Gluten free: Swap in 1 cup (140 g) Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 baking flour OR 1 1/3 cups (130 g) oat flour + 1 tbsp arrowroot starch for gluten free.
Keywords: vegan blueberry pancakes, vegan pancakes, vegan breakfast, vegan breakfast recipes