Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake (GF + No Egg!)
Gooey and decadent vegan chocolate chip cookie mug cake that you’d never know is healthy! Completely oil free, gluten free, and egg free, this cookie mug cake is the ultimate single serving dessert!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 2
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare the flaxseed and water mixture to form a flaxseed “egg.”
- In a large mug, whisk together the oat flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the dairy free milk, applesauce, flaxseed “egg,” and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips to the cookie dough mug cake batter.
- Divide the batter into another mug or make 1 large chocolate chip cookie mug cake.
- Place the mug (or mugs) into the microwave and heat for 90 seconds. After 90 seconds, heat for an additional 15 seconds.
- Let rest for 2 minutes outside of the microwave before serving.
- Enjoy with a scoop of dairy free ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or just as is!
To prepare the ground flaxseed “egg,” whisk together the ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes to activate before using.
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookie mug cake, cookie mug cake, vegan cookie mug cake, vegan vanilla mug cake, cookie dough mug cake, gluten free mug cake