Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie (No tofu or nuts!)
Incredibly decadent and insanely rich vegan chocolate cream pie that will leave you speechless! Completely soy free, nut free, and Paleo, this chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Paleo pie crust:
- 1 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 5–7 tbsp chilled water
- 1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate Cream Pie Filling:
- 1 1/2 cans (24 ounces) coconut cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I recommend 100% dark chocolate chips)
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- Prepare the pie crust first. In a large bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Cut the coconut oil into the flour until it resembles thick and clumpy sand. Add in the water and continue mixing until it’s a thick dough.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour, then let it soften at room temp for 15 minutes before rolling out. Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper, and place the dough into a pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and poke a few fork holes in the bottom of the crust. Chill the crust for 15 minutes in the fridge while the oven is preheating.
- When the oven is ready, place a few pie weights into the pie dish and bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-high until warm.
- Add in the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue stirring the mixture for about 10 minutes on low heat until the coconut milk begins to thicken.
- Sift in cacao powder and arrowroot power and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pudding from heat and pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to set for 2-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate cream pie, vegan chocolate cream pie, Paleo, gluten free, soy free, nut free