This incredibly decadent unbelievably vegan chocolate pie will leave you speechless! So easy to make and just simple 7 ingredients, this vegan chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream!
- Prep: Prepare the pie crust first for a 9″ pie dish (although this will also work for an 8″ pie). Follow the instructions for preparing the pie crust and fully bake the pie crust until golden brown. Once baked, you can remove the pie from the oven and set aside to make the filling.
- Whisk: In a medium saucepan, add in the coconut cream, oat milk, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and arrowroot starch. Whisk together vigorously until there are no more clumps of cocoa powder nor arrowroot starch.
- Heat: Place the saucepan onto the stovetop, and heat on medium heat. Continue whisking the mixture until it begins to thicken, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir: Once thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add in the chocolate chips and stirring until melted. Then stir in the vegan butter until completely melted.
- Pour: Pour the vegan chocolate pie filling into the baked pie crust.
- Cool: Let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to set for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve: When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Top with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Gluten free: You can use the gluten-free version of the vegan pie crust or use the oat flour pie crust.
Coconut sugar: You can swap in an equal amount of granulated sugar, maple sugar, date sugar, or maple syrup in lieu of coconut sugar.
- Serving Size: 1/10th of pie
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 21.9 g
- Sodium: 148.9 mg
- Fat: 16.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.1 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chocolate pie, vegan chocolate cream pie, vegan chocolate cream pie no tofu, dairy free chocolate pie, vegan french silk pie, vegan chocolate silk pie