Incredibly decadent and insanely rich vegan chocolate cream pie that will leave you speechless! Completely soy free, nut free, and Paleo, this chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream!
Paleo pie crust:
- 1 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 5–7 tbsp chilled water
- 1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate Cream Pie Filling:
- 1 1/2 cans coconut cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I recommend 100% dark chocolate chips)
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- Prepare the pie crust first. In a large bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Cut the coconut oil into the flour until it resembles thick and clumpy sand. Add in the water and continue mixing until it’s a thick dough.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour, then let it soften at room temp for 15 minutes before rolling out. Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper, and place the dough into a pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and poke a few fork holes in the bottom of the crust. Chill the crust for 15 minutes in the fridge while the oven is preheating.
- When the oven is ready, place a few pie weights into the pie dish and bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-high until warm.
- Add in the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue stirring the mixture for about 10 minutes on low heat until the coconut milk begins to thicken.
- Sift in cacao powder and arrowroot power and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pudding from heat and pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to set for 2-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cream pie, vegan chocolate cream pie, Paleo, gluten free, soy free, nut free