Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ooey gooey vegan double chocolate chip cookies that taste like a brownie in cookie form! Stress-free baking and easy to make gluten free, these are the best vegan Christmas cookies!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 22 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups organic flour or gluten free 1-to-1 flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut oil, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift in the cacao powder, flour, espresso powder, baking soda, and sea salt, and mix until it’s a thick batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball. Place it onto the baking sheet and repeat for the remaining dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Place the cookies into the fridge first to chill for 10 minutes, then place the baking sheet into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cookies have fully baked, remove the pan from the oven and tap the pan onto the countertop a few times (I do about 3 or 4 times) to flatten the cookies.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Keywords: brownie cookie, vegan double chocolate chip cookies, vegan Christmas cookies