These super easy and fun all natural Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies are sure to be everyone’s favorite Halloween dessert! With completely vegan ingredients, these Halloween brownies are fit for a Sanderson sister!
- Prepare the brownies according to the directions, and allow the brownies to fully cool (you can even place them into the fridge to chill while you make the vegan ganache).
- While the brownies are chilling, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place it into the freezer.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, microwave the vegan butter until completely melted and hot. Alternatively, you can do this on the stove top.
- Once the vegan butter is melted, add in 1 cup of the vegan chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is completely melted into the vegan butter. Add in the oat milk or coconut cream, and stir until completely combined. It will take about 2 minutes, as the milk sometimes does not integrate into the ganache easily.
- Once the vegan ganache is spoonable and drippy, remove the vegan brownies from the fridge (this will make about 10 spellbook brownies) and the prepared baking sheet from the freezer. Use a fork to carefully place one brownie square into the chocolate ganache and fully coat the brownie. Remove the brownie from the ganache and allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl (you want as much ganache in the bowl as possible for all of the brownies). Place the brownie onto the parchment paper and repeat for the remaining brownies. If you have any leftover ganache, you can do more brownies.
- Place the ganache coated brownies into the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the brownies from the freezer. Using a small knife or toothpick, create an “eye” near the right edge of each length side of the brownie with the vegan vanilla frosting. It just needs to be one drop.
- Once all of the eyes are created, place the remaining chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in increments of 20-30 seconds, starting with one 30 second interval at first, stirring, then going down to 20 seconds, and stirring again until melted.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and drippy, us a toothpick or a spoon to carefully drip and drizzle the spellbook design onto the brownies. You can follow the photos above, but essentially it’s two lines by the left length-side edge of the book, following by a zig zags over those, two curved lines on each right corner of the book, a circle around the eye, a dot for the pupil and 2-3 dots of chocolate around the book.
- Let the chocolate set in the fridge for 10 minutes, then serve!
Keywords: hocus pocus spellbook brownies, spellbook brownies, vegan halloween treats, halloween brownies, vegan halloween brownies, easy halloween treats