These easy vegan brownie cookie bars stuffed with dairy free Nutella are the epitome of decadence! Full of super rich and creamy homemade Nutella, these brookies are a wonderful indulgent vegan dessert!
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie batter first. In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed and the water, and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add in the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, coconut sugar, and melted chocolate chips. Stir with a spoon until the mixture is completely combined. Sift in the flour, cacao powder, and baking powder, and use a rubber spatula to gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Be sure not to over-mix- the batter should be just mixed. Add in the remaining chocolate chips, and gently fold to distribute (being careful not to over-mix).Pour the batter into the pan and spread the brownie batter to touch the edges of the pan.
- Spoon the Nutella over the brownie batter and make sure it reaches the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the cookie dough. In a large bowl, add softened coconut oil, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to beat the wet ingredients together until completely combined. Add in dry ingredients to wet and mix with a spoon. Add in dairy free milk by the tablespoon until batter is a sticky consistency, but not pourable. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie dough over the Nutella layer. Use the back of a spoon or clean hands to gently press the dough flat to cover any spots of Nutella.
- Place the bars into the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick doesn’t show any crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownie cookie bars to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: brownie cookies bars, Nutella stuffed brownies, Nutella stuffed brownie cookie bars, vegan brownie cookie bars, vegan brookies