These quick and easy oat flour pancakes are so fluffy & tender, you won’t believe they’re vegan and gluten free!
- 2 cups (190 grams) oat flour or homemade oat flour, gluten free as needed
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (240 mL) vegan buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (50 g) unsweetened applesauce
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar*
- Prep: If you’re making your own oat flour, add the rolled oats to a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse the oats into a fine flour, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk: In a bowl, add in the vegan buttermilk and applesauce, along with vanilla extract, and whisk together. Then add in the oat flour, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, and baking powder and soda, and whisk together just until combined. You can still have clumps in the batter. This is where you can also add in the cinnamon if desired.
- Heat: Prepare the pancakes griddle. Heat the griddle with olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, or vegan butter until hot. Once hot, you can cook the pancakes.
- Cook: Spoon about 1/3 cup of the batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook for 2 minutes on one side, until the edges of the pancakes start to look set. Then flip the pancakes and cook for another 30-60 seconds on the other side.
- Serve: Remove from the griddle and serve immediately. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Oat flour: Not all store bought oat flours are certified gluten free. Please use gluten free certified oats and make your own oat flour if needed for gluten free.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 46.9 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 43.7 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan oatmeal pancakes, vegan oat pancakes, oat flour pancakes, vegan oat flour pancakes, oatmeal pancakes no banana