Super moist and tender, this vegan pumpkin bread recipe is also gluten-free. Made in one bowl, it’s easy to make at home and tastes like the classic — no one will know this pumpkin loaf is vegan! I’ve topped it with homemade vegan cream cheese frosting, which takes this tasty loaf to an entirely new level!
- 2 cup (250 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (260 g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup (150 g) organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (125 g) dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 cup (113 g) salted vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Optional: streusel topping (from the vegan coffee cake)
Vegan Cream Cheese frosting:
- 1/4 cup (65 g) vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (65 g) vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8″ or 9″ loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Measure out all ingredients before beginning.
- If using a the streusel topping: Make the topping according to instructions, then set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, dairy free yogurt, melted vegan butter, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Make the pumpkin bread batter: Add in the flour, pumpkin spice blend, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk until the dry JUST combines with the wet. Be careful NOT to over mix. It’s okay if there are still some clumps- the batter shouldn’t be entirely smooth, just no dry mixture showing.
- Bake the pumpkin bread: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle the streusel topping if desired on top. Place the pumpkin bread into the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes. To protect the streusel from burning, you can cover the top of the pumpkin bread for the first 30 minutes of baking with tin foil. Then remove the tinfoil after 30 minutes to continue baking. Remove the pumpkin bread once fully baked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and serve: allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool for another 10 minutes. If using the frosting, cool entirely before topping with frosting.
- Cream cheese frosting: To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter and vegan cream cheese. Then add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and mix just until combined. Top the pumpkin bread with the frosting, slice and enjoy!
- Storage: wrap the pumpkin bread in plastic wrap and allow it to sit at room temperature for up to 2 days or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the bread by slicing it and placing the slices into a freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, place a piece on a piece of tin foil and heat for 5 minutes at 350F.
Gluten free: use gluten free 1:1 baking flour to make this a vegan gluten free pumpkin bread.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 121.9 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 6.3 mg
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, vegan pumpkin bread recipe, gluten free vegan pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread with streusel topping