Easy and deliciously sweet vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls with an easy dairy free cream cheese frosting! Gooey and warm, they’re the perfect fall and winter healthy weekend breakfast!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
- 4 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 packet activated yeast
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese or 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the coconut milk and melted vegan butter or coconut oil together until warm- about 105-110F.
- Sprinkle yeast and sugar into the milk and butter mixture in a large bowl, cover, and let activate for 10 minutes.
- When activated, add in flour and pumpkin, and knead the dough together.
- Knead the dough lightly, for 2-4 minutes, then place the dough into a bowl greased with olive oil, cover with a cloth or wrap, and place into a warm area to let rise for 1 hour. It should be double in size.
- After an hour, lightly punch down the dough and roll the dough out on a clean and floured surface to be a large rectangle (6 in x 12 in).
- Lightly brush the dough with melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and sprinkle the pumpkin spice and coconut sugar over the dough evenly.
- Roll the cinnamon rolls length-wise into tight rolls and away from you.
- Slice the roll into 10-12 cinnamon rolls, and place into an olive or coconut oil-greased dish (any size that you have, you can use a round pan or a square one).
- Cover again with a clean towel or wrap, and place over or by the oven while the oven preheats to 350F. Let the cinnamon rolls rise for 30 minutes while the oven is preheating.
- Place the cinnamon rolls into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the icing.
- You can make either a vegan cream cheese frosting or a regular sugar icing. To make the vegan cream cheese icing, beat the vegan cream cheese until fluffy, then add in the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Spread evenly over the rolls.
- To make the regular sugar icing, add in coconut milk to cinnamon and powdered sugar and mix together until thick and smooth. Spread icing onto cinnamon rolls.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: pumpkin cinnamon rolls, vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls, vegan cinnamon rolls