These deliciously molten and gooey vegan s’mores cookie bars are layered with a vegan chocolate chip cookie bar, Biscoff cookies, vegan chocolate, homemade vegan marshmallow fluff, and more chocolate chip cookie! They’re like a campfire in bar form, without the eggs, dairy, nor gelatin!
Cookie Layer (adapted from my Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies):
- 2 1/4 cup (300 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour , sifted and spoon & leveled*
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup (170 g) salted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup (130 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) dairy free yogurt or unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bar chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (170 g) chocolate chips
S’mores cookie bar layers:
- 10 Biscoff cookies, plus more for topping
- 2 vegan chocolate bars
Vegan Marshmallow Fluff:
- 1 bag vegan marshmallows
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the cookie dough base: In a large bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, brown sugar, sugar, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract until combined. Then add in the dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and sea salt), and use a rubber spatula to mix the flour into the wet ingredients until there are almost no more dry streaks. Add in the chopped chocolate and chocolate chips, and fold again until the chocolate chips are just mixed into the dough.
- Partial assembly: Press half of the dough into the 8×8″ baking dish to form the bottom cookie layer. Then line the cookie dough with biscoff cookies (you should need 5 per row for 2 rows). Then place the 2 chocolate bars on top. Set aside (including the remaining half of the cookie dough) while you make the vegan marshmallow fluff.
- Make the vegan marshmallow fluff: Please read the next 2 steps before beginning. In a medium pan on the stove, heat the vegan marshmallows and syrup on medium-low covered until the marshmallows become super soft and able to be mixed into a spread (about 5-7 minutes). Once soft, use a rubber spatula to whisk vigorously to make the marshmallows melt into a fluffy. Then work quickly to spread it onto the chocolate in the pan.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff: Quickly spread the fluff on top of the chocolate bar layer, using two spatula or knives if needed (sometimes helpful). You don’t need the fluff to read the edges of the pan, but just to form an even layer of marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Finish the cookie bar assembly: Top the marshmallow fluff by pressing the remaining cookie dough layer on top, and pressing down the cookie dough along the edges to encase the s’mores layers inside. This prevents the marshmallow from seeping out. Press crumbled Biscoff cookies on top if desired.
- Bake: Place the cookie layer in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool: Remove the cookie bars from the oven and let the s’mores bars rest for 30 minutes. Then use a clean kitchen knife to slice and serve. Wipe the knife in between each slice for a cleaner cut.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftover in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature or 3 months in the fridge. Heat the bars in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt the marshmallow again.
Gluten free: Swap in King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten free flour and use Pies & Tacos’ Vegan Graham Crackers recipe with gluten free flour as well for entirely gluten free vegan s’mores cookie bars.
Keywords: vegan s'mores bars, s'mores bars, gluten free s'mores bars, s'mores cookie bars