The most decadent baked vegan chocolate cheesecake you’ll ever taste! You won’t even believe it’s dairy free, gluten free, and easy! Filled with triple chocolate layers in every bite, it’s heaven on a plate!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cheesecake Crust:
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5–7 tbsp cold water
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 10 ounces raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 11 ounces coconut yogurt, unsweetened (2 containers of yogurt typically)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3–1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup 100% cacao chocolate chips (or your preferred chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line an 8″ springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, puree whole oats until they resemble a flour.
- Add in remaining crust ingredients and puree until it’s a thick clump. The batter should be sticky.
- Press the crust into the pan and work it up the sides of the springform pan.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool while you prepare the filling. Reduce the oven heat to 325F.
- Rinse your food processor and add back in the soaked cashews and coconut cream. Start with 1/3 cup coconut cream and if you need more, add to a 1/2 cup.
- Puree the cashews and coconut cream together until smooth.
- Add in the remaining filling ingredients and puree again. The batter should be thick, but smooth.
- Pour the filling into the middle of the crust and spread around so that it’s even.
- Bake your cheesecake for 1 hour at 325. The middle should be slightly wiggly but the rest of it will be set.
- Let the cheesecake rest outside for the fridge for 15 minutes, then place your cheesecake in the fridge for 2-3 hours. When you’re about to remove the cheesecake from the freezer, prepare the ganache.
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium sized heat safe bowl. Place the coconut cream into a separate and smaller microwave safe bowl. Heat the coconut cream until it’s very hot in the microwave, but not boiling.
- Pour the coconut cream into the chocolate chips and mix until smooth and the chips have melted.
- Remove your cheesecake from the fridge and spread the ganache on top. The ganache will need a few minutes to set.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, baked cheesecake, gluten free, chocolate, coconut, healthy dessert