You will never believe that this creamy, decadent, and rich vegan chocolate cheesecake is dairy free, eggless, and just so easy!! With an easy Oreo cookie crust and filled with the creamiest chocolate cheesecake filling (made without soaking cashews nor using tofu!), this creamy vegan chocolate cheesecake is a chocolate lovers dream! Easily gluten free too!
Vegan Chocolate cheesecake:
- 16 (160 g) Oreo cookies or homemade vegan Oreos
- 1/3 cup (80 g) vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 16 ounces (454 g) vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces (454 g) unsweetened vegan dairy free yogurt (such as Forager Project), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (354 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) organic granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 ounces vegan chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/3 cup (35 g) cocoa powder
- 3–4 cups boiling water
- Optional toppings: fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, amareno cherries, coconut whipped cream, vegan caramel, vegan ganache, vegan chocolate frosting
- Prep: Line a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the edges of the pan with a bit of cooking or coconut oil as well.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, blend together the Oreos and vegan butter until a sticky dough forms. Press the dough onto the bottom of the springform pan. Place the pan into the freezer to chill while you preheat the oven to 350F. Once preheated, place the springform pan into the oven with a baking sheet underneath it to prevent any drips. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust looks set. Remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a large food processor, stand mixer with whisk attachment, or large bowl with hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and dairy free yogurt until smooth. Add in the sugar, dairy free milk, vanilla, and arrowroot starch. Cream together again until smooth. Then pour in the melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Blend or mix until completely combined. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, and smooth the top.
- Create the water bath: Be ready to move to the next step immediately after finishing this step. Make sure that you boil the 3-4 cups water prior to pouring the water into the pan. Pour the boiling water into the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake: Carefully place the baking sheet into the oven on the low rack. Then place the cheesecake onto the middle rack and quickly close the oven to bake for 70-75 minutes, or until the the top of the cheesecake is set and not wobbly. The center is set but still might be delicate (wiggle a little but NOT wobble like jello). Turn off the oven, and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for 10 minutes. The water should also be completely dissolved.
- Chill the cheesecake: Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or covered overnight.
- Serve and enjoy! When ready to serve, top with desired toppings and enjoy! Store any leftover cheesecake in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Gluten free: Use gluten free Oreos or homemade Oreos as needed.
Nut free: Use nut-free vegan cream cheese, dairy free yogurt, and dairy free milk.
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, baked cheesecake, gluten free, chocolate, coconut, healthy dessert