Super easy and delicious vegan quiche that’s made just from chickpeas! With all of the flavors of classic quiche, yet entirely eggless and gluten free, and made without tofu nor cashews. The perfect healthy vegan breakfast recipe for your brunch table!
- 1 vegan pie crust
- 820 grams chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 180 ml unsweetened plain oat milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup de-stemmed parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh drill
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients before beginning.
- Make the pie crust first: Follow the instructions for making the vegan pie crust. You can omit the sugar in the recipe and just add in 1/4 tsp sea salt to the flour mixture. Complete the pie crust through the par-baking. Your pie crust should be partially baked and then allow it to cool while you prepare the quiche filling.
- Quiche prep: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the filling: In a large food processor, pulse the chickpea and oat milk until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients, and pulse until combined. The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Bake the vegan quiche: Pour the filling into the par-baked crust. Place the quiche into the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle is set and not wiggly.
- Chill or serve warm: You can serve this vegan quiche warm or cold. Top with additional fresh herbs and vegan sour cream as needed. Slice, and enjoy!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days or in he freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten free: Make sure you use gluten free flour for the pie crust if you need gluten free. You can also use this oat flour vegan pie crust if you’d prefer!
Oat milk: If you don’t want to use oat milk, you can use coconut milk, almond, cashew, or soy milk. Make sure that it’s unsweetened and plain.
Crustless: If you would like to make this a crustless vegan quiche, simply omit the pie crust section, and generously grease a pie dish. Pour the filling into the pie dish and continue with the baking instructions.
Keywords: vegan quiche, vegan quiche recipe, vegan quiche without tofu