This super easy healthy vegan peach cobbler is the fruit dessert recipe to make this summer! With a super sweet juicy peach filling and easy homemade vegan biscuits, this is the best peach cobbler recipe for all eaters!
Peach Cobbler Filling:
- 5 medium peaches, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Gluten Free Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk by combining the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar. Mix together in a small bowl and set aside, to be used in the biscuits.
- Prepare the peach cobbler filling: make sure the peaches are sliced, then place them into the casserole dish. Drizzle the maple syrup over the peaches, along with the vanilla powder or the vanilla extract. Toss the peach slices in the maple syrup in the dish and set aside.
- Make the biscuit dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add in the cubed vegan butter, and use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until you achieve a sand-like texture. Then add in the vegan buttermilk (dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar mixture), and use a rubber spatula to fold the vegan buttermilk into the flour mixture until you achieve a thick dough. Be careful not to over mix the dough. You’ll mix it until the buttermilk has just mixed into the flour.
- Shape the biscuits: lightly flour a clean surface and shape the dough into rectangle that’s about 2″ thick. Use a bench scraper or large kitchen knife to cut the dough into four squares, and stack the squares on top of each other. Lightly flour a clean rolling pin, and lightly roll the dough stack back down to a 2″ thick rectangle. Carefully reshape the edges of the dough, and roll the rectangle down to be about 1″ thick. Slice the biscuits into square or round biscuits.
- Bake the healthy peach cobbler: place the biscuits on top of the peach filling, and place the casserole dish into the oven to bake for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes, if you see the biscuits lightly browning, you can cover with tin foil to bake for the remaining time. Remove the cobbler from the oven, and allow the cobbler to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve the peach cobbler: serve the cobbler with scoops of vegan vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: vegan peach cobbler, healthy peach cobbler, gluten free peach cobbler, easy peach cobbler