These ultra fluffy and light vegan pancakes only use 5 ingredients that you most likely already have on hand! In just 5 minutes, you’ll have vegan buttermilk pancakes that taste like diner pancakes!
- Make the buttermilk: Combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar, and let it sit for a minute while preparing the dry ingredients. This is the vegan buttermilk.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Pour in the vegan buttermilk and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine. It’s okay to have clumps of flour in there. Too smooth of batter, and your pancakes won’t rise!
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan with a little cooking oil (I like avocado oil or coconut oil).
- Pour just under a 1/3 cup of pancake batter for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side until bubbles form on the top, then flip to cook for about 20-30 seconds on the other side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the griddle and repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve with chocolate chips, maple syrup, vegan butter, berry jam, fresh fruit, or any preferred toppings!
Flour: You can make these pancakes gluten free by using King Arthur Measure for Measure mix! For oat flour pancakes, check out my easy vegan oat flour pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pancakes, vegan buttermilk pancakes, gluten free pancakes, refined sugar free, healthy pancakes