One bowl vegan buttermilk pancakes that are so easy and melt in your mouth fluffy! Completely gluten free, these healthy vegan pancakes taste like the real deal!
- 2 cups gluten free flour or regular flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 4 tbsp ground flax seed with 1/2 cup water)
- 2 cups coconut milk (can or carton)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil for pan
- Combine the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar, and let it sit for a minute while preparing the dry ingredients
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar coconut milk mixture, applesauce or flaxseed egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan with a little cooking oil (I like avocado oil or coconut oil).
- Pour just under a 1/3 cup of pancake batter for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip to cook for about 20-30 seconds on the other side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the griddle and repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve with chocolate chips, maple syrup, vegan butter, berry jam, fresh fruit, or any preferred toppings!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
Keywords: vegan pancakes, vegan buttermilk pancakes, gluten free pancakes, refined sugar free, healthy pancakes