One bowl vegan buttermilk pancakes that are so easy and melt in your mouth fluffy! Completely gluten free, these healthy vegan pancakes taste like the real deal!
- Combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar, and let it sit for a minute while preparing the dry ingredients. This is the vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Pour in the vegan buttermilk mixture, applesauce or flaxseed egg, and vanilla extract, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan with a little cooking oil (I like avocado oil or coconut oil).
- Pour just under a 1/3 cup of pancake batter for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip to cook for about 20-30 seconds on the other side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the griddle and repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve with chocolate chips, maple syrup, vegan butter, berry jam, fresh fruit, or any preferred toppings!
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pancakes, vegan buttermilk pancakes, gluten free pancakes, refined sugar free, healthy pancakes