My favorite Paleo vegan pecan pie recipe that’s completely gluten free, dairy free, and a fourth of the sugar that traditional pecan pie has, yet tastes like the classic! Made with a vegan Paleo pie crust and simple ingredients, it’s the best pecan pie you’ll ever make!
- 1 serving Vegan Flaky Pie Crust, par-baked
Paleo Vegan Pecan Pie Filling:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- First prepare the pie crust according to the vegan flaky pie crust recipe. You will need to par-bake it.
- Once the pie crust is par-baked, begin to make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. While the oven is preheating, lay the pecan halves onto a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- Place the pecan halves into the oven to toast for 7 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool. Keep the oven on at 350F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, and maple syrup together until the coconut sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes, then add in the flaxseed mixture, and mix together. Stir until the mixture is completely mixed. Set aside.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge, and place pecan halves into the middle of the raw crust.
- Pour mixture over pecan halves, and arrange the pecan halves if you desire.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes with crust covered with tinfoil or a pie crust shield around the pie crust edges. Then remove the pie shield and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the filling has set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 hours before serving.
Keywords: Paleo pecan pie, vegan pecan pie, gluten free pecan pie, grain free pecan pie, dairy free pecan pie