Deliciously moist and sweet vegan ginger cake topped with a secretly vegan white chocolate buttercream frosting! Turn this tender and moist gingerbread cake into a Christmas snow globe cake for a fun holiday showstopper!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (swap in gluten-free 1:1 baking flour for GF)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 2/3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup dairy-free milk, room temperature
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
Vegan White Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare three 8″ cake pans with parchment paper and oil. Make sure that the oven is fully preheated before you place your cakes into the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the dairy free milk, molasses, and unsweetened applesauce. Mix the batter until there are no dry streaks left. The batter will be slightly runny, but this is fine. This is a super moist ginger cake, and the cakes are slightly delicate.
- Divide the batter into the cake pans evenly and lightly tap the cake pans onto the counter top to release any air bubbles.
- Place the cake pans into the preheated oven, and bake the cakes for 35-37 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. The cakes are soft to touch, so don’t worry!
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack to fully cool before making the frosting.
Vegan White Chocolate Frosting:
- Once the cakes have fully cooled and there is no warmth to the touch, you can begin to make the frosting.
- Make sure that the vegan white chocolate is melted and not warm. Any warmth will melt the vegan butter. It should be melted but room temperature/slightly cooler.
- Add the vegan butter to a large bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the vegan butter until fluffy.
- Pour in the vegan white chocolate and continue beating. Then add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until it’s fully incorporated. You can use a tbsp or two of dairy free milk to help achieve a creamy consistency.
- Once the vegan white chocolate frosting is ready, frost the cake on a cake stand. I personally place the cake back into the fridge after icing to fully set and cool before decorating. Chill the cake for 10 minutes.
- Then finish with the decorations and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan ginger cake, gingerbread cake, ginger cake, vegan gingerbread cake, white chocolate buttercream, vegan white chocolate buttercream