These adorable mini pumpkin pies are ultra creamy and silky with dairy free eggnog and baked in 5″ pie dishes! You don’t need any eggs nor dairy to make just 6 super easy mini pies- perfect for any Thanksgiving table!
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegan eggnog (or dairy free milk, like oat milk or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 batch homemade vegan pie crust
- Vegan egg wash: 1 tbsp maple syrup + 1 tbsp soy milk
- Prep: Prepare the homemade pie crust first, giving it time to chill in the fridge before rolling it (about 30 minutes at the minimum). Make sure you have 6 5″ pie dishes. Alternatively, you can use a 12-cup muffin pan. When you’re ready to roll the pie dough, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll the dough: Lightly flour a clean surface, and roll the dough out to be 1/4″ thick for the 5″ pies, or 1/8″ thick for the muffin-sized pies. Place a mini pie onto the dough, and use a sharp knife to carefully cut a circle about 1/2″ wider from the rim of the pie dish. Repeat, fitting as many pie circles as you can before needing to re-roll the dough. If you have any extra dough, you can save that for pie cut outs!
- Shape the pie crusts: Place one circle into a pie dish, and shape the rim of the pie using either your fingers or pressing the back of a fork into the pie crust. Repeat for all of the pies, and place them onto a baking sheet and into the freezer to chill while you make the pumpkin pie filling. If your pie circle is a bit short on the sides of the pie dish, you can roll it a bit wider!
- Make the pumpkin filling: In a food processor, add in the remaining ingredients (pumpkin puree, vegan eggnog, maple syrup, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice), and blend until smooth.
- Fill the pumpkin pie crusts: Pour the filling into each pie crust, filling to nearly the rim. Brush the rim of the pies with the vegan egg wash, as well as any pie cut outs.
- Bake: Keep the pumpkin pies on a baking sheet, and place the pie cut outs onto a separate baking sheet (they’ll only need 12-15 minutes to bake). Place the baking sheets into the oven to bake for 28-33 minutes, or until the pumpkin pie filling isn’t wiggling, and the crust is golden brown.
- Cool: Allow the pumpkin pies to cool and set at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve: Top with a dollop of homemade vegan whipped cream or store-bought and a sprinkling of cinnamon for decoration! Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
See blog post for all tips & tricks!
Keywords: mini pumpkin pies, vegan mini pumpkin pies, individual pumpkin pies, mini pies