This silky and rich vegan Oreo cheesecake is a cookies n’ cream lover’s dream! Filled to the brim with Oreo cookies in every bite of creamy decadent cheesecake on a cookie crust and topped with a peanut butter ganache!
Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 18–20 (230 g) vegan chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup (80 g) vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 ounces (720 g) vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces (228 g) vegan dairy free yogurt (such as Forager Project), room temperature
- 1 cup (240 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) organic sugar
- 7 tbsp (70 g) arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed vegan chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3–4 cups boiling water, for water bath
Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) maple syrup
- Prep: Line a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the edges of the pan with a bit of cooking or coconut oil as well.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until completely crushed. Then add in the vegan butter and dates, and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Press the dough onto the bottom of the springform pan. Place the pan into the freezer to chill while you preheat the oven to 400F. Once preheated, poke a few holes into the bottom of the crust, and place the springform pan into the oven with a baking sheet underneath it to prevent any drips. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the filling. Lower the oven temperature to 350F.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a large food processor, stand mixer with whisk attachment, or large bowl with hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and dairy free yogurt until smooth. Add in the sugar, dairy free milk, vanilla, and arrowroot. Cream together again until smooth. Then fold in the crushed Oreo cookies until evenly distributed. Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, and smooth the top.
- Create the water bath: Be ready to move to the next step immediately after finishing this step. Place a sheet pan onto the lower rack of the oven. Boil the 3-4 cups water prior to pouring the water into the pan. Then carefully pour the boiling water into the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake: Place the cheesecake onto the middle rack and quickly close the oven to bake for 60-65 minutes, or until the the top edges of the cheesecake are lightly golden. The center is set but still wiggly. Turn off the oven, and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for 10 minutes. The water should also be completely dissolved. The cheesecake will still be very wiggly. This is completely fine and should be that way.This cheesecake will not seem cooked at all when you first turn off the oven.
- Chill the cheesecake: Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve: Prepare the peanut butter ganache by whisking together all of the ganache ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the cheesecake from its pan: Carefully run a butter knife along the edges of the springform pan, and carefully remove the walls to then plate the cheesecake.
- Decorate and serve! Pour the vegan peanut butter ganache on top, and top of vegan buttercream and Oreo cookies if desired. Slice and serve! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten free: Use my homemade gluten free vegan Oreo cookies recipe if needed or gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies!
Keywords: vegan oreo cheesecake, oreo cheesecake, vegan cookies n cream cheesecake, cookies n cream cheesecake