Fudgey. Gooey. Chocolatey. Coconutty. Sweet Potato Brownies.
They’re that good, I swear. And with only six ingredients (most, if not all, of which I bet you have on hand already), you have zero excuses as to why you have to miss out on this deliciousness!
Okay, maybe some if you’re allergic or don’t like sweet potatoes (in which case, we gotta talk, my friend).
Hear me out when I say you won’t even believe these are sweet potato brownies. Heck, I bet you’d say these taste like they’d be in a bakery! That’s how confident I am in the decadence that is the Coconut Sweet Potato Brownie.
Okay, now that I have your attention, you’re probably thinking, just get to the recipe already! Well, let me tell you the ingredients first:
Baked sweet potatoes (duh).
Raw, organic cacao powder (even more duh)
Organic Coconut Butter (I highly suggest using the unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter from Eating Evolved)
Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Coconut Flour
That’s it. You also might be thinking, wait, where’s the sugar? Maple syrup? Honey? None. You don’t need it! The sweet potatoes combined with the coconut butter naturally have a sweet taste so it’s just enough to make it taste like the most decadent piece of dark chocolate fudge you’ve ever had. Good luck stopping at one, because I sure as hell didn’t.
So give it a whirl! And if you’re a coconut-fiend like me, drizzle some more coconut butter on top 😉 Enjoy, sweet friends!
Paleo Coconut Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 baked sweet potato, skin removed
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp raw, organic cacao powder
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ cup organic coconut butter, melted (I like Eating Evolved Unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter or Artisana Raw Organic Coconut Butter)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mash sweet potato in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in eggs (much like my waffle recipes) and mix completely.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients (coconut butter, coconut oil, and coconut flour) and mix completely.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking pan, greased with coconut oil/ghee.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, checking with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- *Option* Drizzle extra coconut butter on top!