When you’re ready for summer, but you can’t stand the heat, I’ve got you covered!
Enter in these delicious mini freezer pecan pies! Yep, they’re a few bites and so refreshing on a hot summer day!
Plus, get this: they’re no sugar added (any sugar is natural from the sweet potato), completely paleo, vegan, flour-less, and are made with only 4 ingredients. Yep, you heard me right! So get baking! I mean…freezing lol.
Mini Freezer Pecan Pies
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 jar of pecan butter (my favorites are Georgia Grinders and Artisana!)
- 100% dark chocolate or your favorite chocolate bar
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- Optional: sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (you’re only baking the crusts a little! Then you freeze!) and use a medium saucepan to bring about 1 cup of water to simmer on the stove.
- Slice sweet potato length-wise into little sweet potato rounds.
- Place sweet potato rounds into saucepan and steam on medium heat, until slightly soft in the middle (enough to be malleable).
- In a mini cupcake tin with 12 liners, slice sweet potato round half way to the middle and make into almost a rose, just enough to be circular and fit into the cupcake liner.
- Do this for each liner, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove sweet potato from the oven and spoon about 1 tsp-1tbsp of pecan butter into each mini piecrust.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Before removing sweet potato crusts, melt dark chocolate in a small bowl.
- Remove sweet potato crusts and drizzle with a little chocolate over each. Optional sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Enjoy with melty chocolate or freeze them again!