Happy Almost Friday, friends!
Because I love you guys as much as I love chocolate and Fridays, I’m sharing with you today my Paleo Brownie Skillet with Fudge Frosting!
Yep, you read that right- it’s all paleo and all chocolate and all delicious! The brownie skillet part is from my old sweet potato brownie recipe, but I’ll share it below again per instructions for a skillet + the recipe for a decadent chocolate fudge that you won’t even believe contains zero sugar (but fair warning, it is rich!).
Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to tag @the_bananadiaries if you share so I can see! Happy Baking, kiddos!
Paleo Brownie Skillet with Fudge Frosting
Serves 8-10 (but we basically ate it in 2…whoops!)
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, baked and cooled with skin removed
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Fourth & Heart vanilla ghee, melted
- ½ cup Artisana Organics raw coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup raw organic cacao powder
- ½ cup Imlak’esh 100% cacao wafers, broken up (or use your favorite chocolate chips/bar!)
- More ghee for greasing the skillet
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
- 1 extra ripe avocado, pitted and scooped
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Imlak’esh 100% cacao wafers, melted (or use your favorite chocolate chips!)
- 1 tbsp Imlak’esh sacha inchi powder (this thicken’s up the frosting)
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease skillet.
- In a medium bowl, mash sweet potatoes and mix in eggs, cinnamon, ghee, coconut flour, and cacao powder.
- Once well combined, fold in coconut butter.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the skillet and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.
- While the skillet is baking, mash the avocado in a small bowl almost like guacamole.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and sacha inchi powder and stir until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle chocolate into the mixture all around and stir. Keep stirring and set aside covered at room temperature.
- Once the skillet is ready, remove the skillet from the oven and spread frosting onto the top.
- Sprinkle with extra chocolate flakes, chocolate drizzle, more coconut butter, or whatever your heart desires!