Little known fact, I’m actually part Italian (we’re Sicilian on my mom’s side!) so when Whole Foods Market NYC told me that they’re hosting a Parmigiano Reggiano “Crack the Wheel” Event tomorrow, February 24th, I was so excited to help spread the word!
Bringing it back to my roots, I’ve whipped up some Parmigiano Reggiano crusted cauliflower steaks to celebrate! Of course, I paired it with some sautéed rainbow chard and whipped sweet potato because at this point, my other half is basically sweet potato (just kidding, it’s German and Irish, but sweet potato definitely sounds better!).
To keep the festivities going, there will also be a sale today, February 23rd, to Sunday, February 25th, on Parmigiano Regginao, the “king of cheeses,” so basically you have no excuse not to make this recipe! 😉
It’s easy, quick, and simple…oh and everyone will love you for making it! In fact, I’m making it for a dinner party I’m hosting tonight with our neighbors! I’ll let you know the verdict haha!
Parmigiano Reggiano Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 whole heads organic cauliflower, washed
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- Sea Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp melted ghee/Coconut oil to coat
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking tray with tin foil
- Assemble 2 medium sized bowls, one with melted ghee/coconut oil and the other with grated Parmigiano, basil, garlic, and sea salt/pepper.
- Toss Parm, basil, garlic, and sea salt/pepper together and set aside.
- Slice cauliflower head in half, and then each half sliced in half again.
- Dip one cauliflower steak into the melted oil, coating both sides evenly.
- Transfer the dipped cauliflower steak to the Parmigiano bowl and coat each side. Then transfer to the baking tray.
- Repeat for remaining cauliflower steaks.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 30-40 minutes, flipping each steak every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Thank you, Whole Foods, for sponsoring this post!