Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots
These paleo vegan glazed carrots are roasted in a maple syrup-balsamic dressing and are the perfect side dish to any fall or holiday meal!
Come fall and winter, I am all about the roasted root veggies. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips, and my favorite- carrots! These maple glazed carrots definitely rank high on that list!
First off, let me start by saying this dressing is just incredible. It’s so easy, so simple, and so delicious that I could truly drink it. It makes the perfect glaze for these carrots and really melds well with the natural sweetness from them. If you need a trick to get your kids to eat their veggies, this is it 😉
That’s because the sweetness comes from maple syrup for these glazed carrots! I think it adds a really nice fall feel and complements the rustic flavors that carrots naturally give this time of year. Choosing the right maple syrup is key too. I always go for local and organic when I can. I highly recommend using a Grade A amber color or Grade A dark color. These are the two maple syrup grades that I believe will yield the best flavor!
Other than that, the recipe is so simple and easy to follow. You start by washing the carrots (skinning them where needed). Then you whisk together the dressing (only a few ingredients), coat the carrots in the dressing (you’ll have some leftovers for salads and other veggie roasts- yum!), and roast!
There you have it- maple glazed carrots!
I love to top mine with some vegan milk cheese, such as Miyoko’s or Kite Hill, or if I have time to stop by the farmer’s market, I pick up a local goat cheese as well.
It’s also really nice to sprinkle on a few more fresh herbs! I used rosemary and thyme for the roasting, but you can use whichever herbs you’d like or use dried herbs, like these from Simply Organics!
These glazed carrots are perfect for meal prep, a dinner party, or prepped for a hearty buddha bowl! I hope you love them!Print
These vegan glazed carrots are roasted in a maple syrup-balsamic dressing and are the perfect side dish to any fall or holiday meal!
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots (washed and de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup organic grade-A maple syrup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme
- A pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place rainbow carrots in a plastic bag or a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing into the bag or bowl of carrots and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Spread glazed carrots onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme onto carrots evenly.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Serve with another crack of fresh pepper, vegan or regular goat cheese, and a pinch of sea salt if desired.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that when you make a purchase from these links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All recommendations are based on my personal experience and preference! Thank you for supporting The Banana Diaries!