Paleo Brownie Sweet Potato Loaf
So I did this thing where I took my absolute FAVORITE recipe of mine and I made it again…in loaf form!
Cue the slow jams because this baby is so freaking good, you’re going to want to savor every bite!
It’s also completely flourless (read: no fancy shmancy flours required), and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand so this recipe is easy peasy 😉 There’s a reason why I make this every single week as a part of my meal prep: it’s just so dang GOOD!
Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think J
Brownie Sweet Potato Loaf
- 2 large white sweet potato, baked and skin removed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vanilla ghee, melted (I love Fourth & Heart! You can also sub in regular ghee or coconut oil and add vanilla powder or scraped vanilla beans)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (I love Imlak’esh!)
- ½ cup raw or roasted coconut butter, melted (I love Artisana Organics, but you can also sub in a nut butter)
- 1 bar of your favorite dark chocolate (I love Imlak’esh’s cacao wafers)
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a 9×4 loaf pan with ghee or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potato.
- Pour in eggs, ghee, and coconut butter, and mash to combine.
- Add in cinnamon and cacao, mash to combine.
- Once the batter is completely mixed, break up the chocolate wafers and fold in the chunks.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
I really want to make this but I have a question…any estimate of how much “two large” sweet potatoes yield? I have 1 big sweet potato, but I have also seen gigantic sweet potatoes, so a cup amount or even a weight would be great!
Hi, Nicole! About 16 oz should do 🙂