Sometimes, pizza and wine is just too good to pass up. At least, that was the case for me this past Saturday, after Jared and I spent the day roaming Manhattan from South to North to South again! We came home with quite the appetites!
To be honest, this recipe was made on a whim. I had no idea it would come out this good, so I’m pretty damn impressed with myself! I sort of threw together the ingredients, and hoped for the best! It well exceeded the best for me, and I hope it does for you as well!
I decided to make them into a few mini pizza crusts because I wanted all of the toppings (when can I actually make up my mind?!), but this would make for a great large pizza pie as well! The best part: it’s vegan, gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free! Plus it’s hella cheap (per pizza pie, I think it works out to be about $2.50!). Good food that’s good for you and won’t break the bank? Yeah, I’m in!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations on the ‘gram (don’t forget to tag @the_bananadiaries and #iyamlove for a chance to be featured in the weekly newsletter!)!Print
- 1.5 cups steamed cauliflower
- 1/3 cup sprouted & organic chickpea flour
- 1 tsp organic coconut flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tin foil and a little coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Place blend steamed cauliflower and blend until a thick cream sauce.
- Pour pureed cauliflower into a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients until it forms a dough.
- On the baking sheet, make small little pizza circles, going until all of the dough is used.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crusts begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, top with your favorite toppings, and cook for another 5-7 minutes.