Happy Friday, beautiful people! I hope everyone had a great week 🙂 So as some of you know if you follow me on the ‘gram, I went with Jared last weekend to go fruit picking at Fish Kill Farms in upstate New York!
If you live in NYC, this is the absolute perfect place to get away for a few hours. From Brooklyn to Fish Kill, it was only about an hour and a half drive, and the most beautiful scenery along the way. We love Fish Kill because it’s the only farm we’ve found that’s 80% organic (some of their peaches aren’t, but their blueberries, plums, apples, and vegetable garden is!), and the farm is just gorgeous. For someone that has been craving to leave the huge concrete towers for a while now, this was a Godsend!
We spent the afternoon picking blueberries, white peaches, plums, and even vegetables (got some eggplant, zucchini, herbs, and tomatoes!). On the drive home, I was already thinking of delicious creations to make with our bounty, and I thought of a galette!
This galette is probably one of my easiest recipes- all there is to the filling is essentially plum and a little cinnamon! Easy, right? Plus, if you add a little ice cream on top, you’re in for the best summer dessert!
Let me know what you think below and don’t forget to tag me in your creations by using @the_bananadiaries and #iyamlove! Cannot WAIT to see what you make! Happy Baking!Print
Paleo Plum Galette
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 inch vanilla bean seeds (scraped from pod)
- 2 cups sliced plums
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all pie crust ingredients until it forms a thick dough.
- Roll out the dough onto the baking sheet until it’s about 12 inches in diameter.
- In a large bowl, mix together filling ingredients until plum is evenly coated with coconut flour and cinnamon.
- Spoon filling into the middle of the crust and leave about 2 inches of a border around the crust.
- Fold 1 part of the crust up, and continue going around the galette until the crust is completely folded onto the plum filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with coconut milk ice cream!