Vegan Cauliflower Soup
A dairy-free, yet creamy cauliflower is perfect for easy week-night meals when you need something filling and simple.
This Whole30-friendly dairy-free creamy cauliflower soup is just what the doctor ordered! This is the perfect soup for any week-day lunch or dinner when you’re in a pinch and need some nourishment fast!
I love how smooth and velvety this cauliflower soup is- all of the flavors are so rich and reminiscent of fall and winter that it warms up both your heart and body!
But anyways, back to this recipe! I used a motley of root vegetables to really enhance the taste of the cauliflower, as well as an array of fresh herbs. I always make an effort to stick with the freshest of herbs. My mom always had an herb garden while we were growing up, so I think I’m sort of spoiled that way 😉
When I can’t use fresh herbs or I’m in a pinch, I find that Simply Organic has the best quality of dried herbs. I use them in all of my sweet recipes if it calls for the holiday/winter spices, and they’re amazing in savory as well!
For the root vegetables, you can really make this to your preference- I used celery (definitely recommend), turnips, and leeks! It doesn’t really matter how you chop them, just as long as they’re all cooked through and can be easily blended in the food processor or blender!
All of this came together so easily! I just roasted everything together then blended and voila! All set for an easy dinner 🙂 I topped with a drop of olive oil, which was so clutch. Does anyone say that anymore? I might be the only one!
A Whole30 dairy-free, yet creamy cauliflower that’s packed with protein! Perfect for easy week-night meals when you need something filling and healthy.
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped and washed)
- 1 cup turnips (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup leeks (chopped)
- 2 small cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground sage
- Pinch of pepper (to taste)
- In a large baking dish, toss cauliflower, turnips, celery, leeks, garlic, and herbs in 1 tsp sea salt and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Roast at 375F for about 35-40 minutes, or until vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place all vegetables and veggie broth into a food processor and blend on high until it’s a creamy puree.
- Pour desire serving amount into a small pot and heat for serving. Store remaining soup in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.