Easy Vegan Gingerbread Latte (Better Than Starbucks!)
This is the best homemade gingerbread latte I’ve ever had, and with only 1/3 of the sugar!! It’s secretly dairy free, easy to make, and tastes even better than the classic! Make this vegan copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte for a cozy winter morning or holiday treat!
What’s in a Starbucks gingerbread latte?
I am personally obsessed with this gingerbread latte, even more so than my pumpkin spice latte.
Perhaps it’s because I just truly love the holiday season.
But this homemade gingerbread latte is the epitome of warm and cozy and sweet. It’s a deliciously dairy free latte sweetened with a homemade gingerbread syrup and topped with dairy free coconut whipped cream and nutmeg.
Now for a standard Starbucks gingerbread latte, the gingerbread “syrup” is a bit unclear. The Starbucks site lists that the ingredients for the syrup are sugar, water, and natural flavors. It also has 34 grams of sugar.
You can make the Starbucks gingerbread latte vegan by opting for dairy free milk, and omitting the whipped cream.
However, I just know that you’ll love this homemade copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte even more! It takes less time to make and personally, I think tastes even better! Plus, it has just 1/3 of the sugar than store bought!
The easiest dairy free homemade gingerbread latte
What I love about this dairy free gingerbread latte over the Starbucks version is that we know exactly what ingredients are going into it.
The gingerbread latte syrup is super simple and doesn’t require any extra work on your part. You’ll just need:
- Molasses: I use Wholesome Sweets for this.
- Maple Syrup or Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: I personally love both versions of this. Both help to add a bit more sweetness to the molasses. It just depends on if you’d also like your copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte to have a bit of a maple taste or not!
- Ginger: but of course! I use ground ginger, but you can also use raw ginger by steeping it into the cup. However, I find ground ginger to be easiest.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: just a pinch!
To make the rest of the dairy free homemade latte, you’ll need:
- Espresso: and an espresso machine! I recommend this Calphalon Espresso iQ Machine. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know how obsessed I am with this machine! I never buy coffee anymore!
- Steamed dairy free milk: I find that the best dairy free milks to use here are oat milk, such as Forager Project or Califia, or coconut milk from the can. You can also use coconut cream, like So Delicious.
- Coconut whipped cream & nutmeg: the little gingerbread cookies are optional 🙂
How to make a vegan copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte
You’re seriously going to fall in love with this homemade gingerbread latte. So much so, that I’d bet you won’t even think about getting a Starbucks gingerbread latte after this!!
I mean, why wait in line 10 minutes, when you can make a gingerbread latte at home, in your pajamas, in less than 5 minutes? You’ll even save on gas!
Many people recommend making an actual syrup for a homemade gingerbread latte, but I honestly find that you can just mix it in your mug. Save yourself some more time and extra pots and pans!
Here’s how to make the easiest homemade vegan gingerbread latte:
- Make the gingerbread syrup:
- You’ll simply stir together the molasses, coconut condensed milk, and spices. I stir it literally in the mug I’ll use! I got this really cute gingerbread cookie mug from Gregga + Co. They have tons of fun holiday designs!
- Brew the espresso:
- You’ll simply just brew the hot espresso right over the gingerbread syrup!
- Steam or heat the dairy free milk:
- Again, you’ll get more foam if you use a thicker, higher fat dairy free milk, such as oat milk or coconut milk from a can.
- Top with coconut whipped cream:
I recommend store-bought, such as Forager Project, or homemade coconut whipped cream! Then dust with a bit of ginger and nutmeg!
You’re going to absolutely love this easy vegan gingerbread latte recipe! It’s so cozy and perfect for the winter weather. You won’t even miss the Starbucks version! Make this on Christmas morning or any chilly winter weekend for a fun and warming treat.
Happy homemade gingerbread latte brewing!
More vegan gingerbread recipes you’ll love:
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest!Print
This is the best homemade gingerbread latte I’ve ever had!! It’s secretly dairy free, ready in 5 minutes, and tastes even better than the classic! Make this vegan copycat Starbucks gingerbread latte for a cozy winter morning or holiday treat!
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp coconut condensed milk or maple syrup
- 1/2–1 tsp ground ginger*
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2–3 shots espresso
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk or coconut milk
- Coconut whipped cream, nutmeg to top
- In a mug, mix together the molasses, coconut condensed milk/maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Prepare the espresso machine and brew 2-3 shots of espresso over the gingerbread syrup.
- Once the espresso is brewed, remove the mug and stir the espresso and syrup together.
- Steam the dairy free milk, and pour it over the espresso. Top with coconut whipped cream and nutmeg if desired.
The specific mug I used I found at Gregga + Co.! It’s so cute!
If you like more spicy, use the full teaspoon, less spicy use less!
You can use any dairy free milk here, but I highly recommend Forager Project soymilk or oatmilk or coconut milk from the can, as that will steam better.
Use sweetened coconut condensed milk or maple syrup- however, the maple syrup will leave more of a maple taste.
- Serving Size: 1 serving with 2-3 tbsp coconut whipped cream
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 107.2 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
Keywords: gingerbread latte recipe, gingerbread latte, Starbucks gingerbread latte, vegan gingerbread latte, homemade gingerbread latte, homemade dairy free latte